The first 50 words to say are...
I’m sorry that someone hurt you. How can I help? There are resources at Stanford as well as external resources to support you and help you decide what you want to do next. Would you like to speak to someone about your resources or reporting options?
Listen, Refer & Connect, Take Care of Yourself
Of these actions, the most important is to recognize your own limitations and get your colleague connected to help. If your colleague wants to confidentially find out about their options, contact the Faculty Staff Help Center.
Resources for Stanford employees
- Faculty Staff Help Center: (650) 723-4577
- University Ombuds: (650) 497-1542
- School of Medicine Ombuds: (650) 498-5744
- Stanford Department of Public Safety: 911 or (650) 723-9633
- Sexual Harassment Policy Office: (650) 724-2120
- Your Human Resources Manager
- YWCA Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Support Line: 1-(800) 572-2782